Pool Attendant and Lifeguard - Muttaburra
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your current Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter; and
- Copies of any relevant Licences, Certificates and Qualifications.
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application below. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 11:30pm
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Barcaldine Regional Council (BRC) is urgently seeking a casual Pool Attendant/Lifeguard for the 2020/2021 Swimming Season. Council is looking for a motivated and reliable individual who is safety focused and eager to contribute positively to the community. You do not need to possess all relevant qualifications but previous experience working with children and a "Working with Children – Positive Notice Blue Card" is required. Paid Training will be provided to the successful applicants
Location: This position is based in Muttaburra with Regional Work and Travel as required
Classification Level: Level 3 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award – State 2017 - Section 5
Employment Status: Casual
Wage: $34.5695* per hour plus relevant approved allowances (* includes casual loading of 23%)
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: Fortnightly roster that may include weekends, public holidays, early morning and late night shifts.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successful perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated past experience working with children and possesses the ability to obtain the essential qualifications relevant to this position;
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision whilst exercising initiative, judgement and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrated ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service;
- Community focussed: considers community/customers in decision making;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills and the ability to deal with stressful situations;
- Safety Focussed: Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and takes responsibility for own and team's health, well-being and self-care’ and
- Availability to work a roster that may include weekends, public holidays, early morning and late night shifts
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction;
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your Cover Letter addressing the SC above ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next' (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- You'll then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (Certificates, Licences etc.). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more information please contact Human Resources on 07 4651 5625 or email email@example.com