Labourers - Alpha
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your current Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter; and
- Copies of any relevant Licences, Certificates and Qualifications.
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application below. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 June 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Council is searching for Labourers (2 positions available) to work on various Projects that improve and maintain the service, safety and function of Council and Community infrastructure. We are looking for self-motivated, hard working and reliable individuals who are ready to put their experience and work ethic to good use. If you have recent experience in civil construction and/or maintenance and you're eager to contribute positively to improving our Great Region, please submit your application below.
Location: Based in Alpha with Regional Work and Travel as required
Classification Level: Level 3 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award – State 2017 - Section 5
Wage: Minimum $53, 924 per annum + Superannuation (up to 12%) and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off (RDO) every fortnight
Leave Entitlements: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% Loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successful perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated recent experience in civil construction and/or maintenance;
- Demonstrated ability to work under direct supervision whilst exercising initiative, judgement and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrated knowledge or ability to gain an understanding of Quality Assurance and Environmental procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal);
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively participate in hazardous manual tasks and labouring activities such as lifting, digging, shovelling and the use of powered tools; and
- Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your Cover Letter addressing the SC above ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next' (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- You'll then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (Certificates, Licences etc.). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Human Resources on 07 4651 5625 or email email@example.com