Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your current Resume/CV;
- The name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria (SC) of the position – the SC are outlined below ; and
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications.
Closing Date: Sunday, 12 July 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
What's on Offer?
Overview: Barcaldine Regional Council (BRC)is seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to provide occupational therapy services to NDIS participants, Home Modifications consumers and Home Assist Secure clients. This includes providing treatment, guidance and education to individuals and their carers. You must be willing to travel across the BRC Region to deliver services to participants.
Location: This position will be based in Barcaldine but Regional work and travel will be required.
Classification Level: Level 5 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award – State 2017 - Division 2 - Section 1 and the Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: Minimum $70, 980 a year + Superannuation and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 72.5 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off (RDO) every fortnight
Leave Entitlements: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% Loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Superannuation: Council will pay superannuation contributions on your behalf to a complying Superannuation Fund, based on 9.5% of salary for the first 12 months. After 12 months of continuous employment with Council, it is compulsory for employees to contribute 6% of their salary. At this time, Council’s contribution will increase to 12% in accord with the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver against the following: -
- Demonstrates the ability to make clinical decisions regarding appropriate assessment and interventions to include in clients’ individual plans, in accordance with legal and ethical criteria and consistent with policy;
- Demonstrates an understanding of how occupational performance relates to developmental stages and how it is impacted by developmental, neurological, intellectual and physical disability;
- Demonstrates knowledge of Occupational Therapy assessment tools and demonstrates the ability to assess the equipment needs of clients in relation to daily activities including, sleeping, sitting, safe transport and personal care;
- Demonstrates well developed self-management and time management skills with the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (written and verbal) and well developed interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Demonstrates proficiency in the operation of computer systems, software and experience with Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Demonstrates a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and displays commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your Cover Letter addressing the SC above ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next' (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- You'll then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Human Resources on 07 4651 5625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org